February 12, 2009

While(1>0)

Music in my head: Porcupine Tree- Even Less
Today's weather: Sticky

Sometimes it feels like I'm walking into the same trap over and over and over again. If we were, indeed, in the matrix, I'd be in the middle of a colossal glitch.
Today's Smith was Bear-Man, first words that popped into my mind when I saw him.

Me: How much do I pay for a grade card?
Bear-Man:
Me: What's that again?
Bear-Man: Sissty
Me: Sixty?
Bear-Man: Sissty Paa!

Bear-Man had made his point. I plodded two kilometers to the bank, filled up a form, paid, and returned with a counterfoil that enables the dumass to retrieve what I had paid at the bank. Brief flashback, about a year back in time:

Me: How much do I pay for a grade card?
Shaved Bear-Man:
Me: What's that again?
Shaved Bear-Man: Yaighty
Me: Eighty?
Shaved Bear-Man: Yaighty Paa!
At this point I open my wallet to take out the eighty rupees for the grade card, when
Shaved Bear-Man: You cannaat pay me. You pay challan bank, I take counterfaail. Write also request letter pa!

Bear-Man had made his point. I plodded two kilometers to the bank, filled up a form, paid, and returned with a counterfoil that enables the dumass to retrieve what I had paid at the bank.

Present day:
I return with the counterfoil, he catches a glimpse of it when

Bear-Man: Write also request letter paa!

I scribble something on a piece of paper and give it to him. He takes one look and

Bear-Man: Who told you sissty paa? It is yaighty!
Me: No! I asked you! You told me it was sixty!
Bear-Man: Don't lie paa! Everyone knows it is yaighty! Go get it the twenty rupee challan more and come paa!

Bear-Man had made his point. I plodded two kilometers to the bank, filled up a form, paid, and returned with a counterfoil that enables the dumass to retrieve what I had paid at the bank...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Krishna Chandran said...

Thank you Mr. Anonymous....