December 29, 2009

What I'm doing now

Music in my head: Fovea Hex- Neither Speak Nor Remain Silent
Today's weather: Artificially warmed.

This is where things stand, at the moment.
I'm going to rewatch Avatar tomorrow morning. I didn't have enough the first time. When I go back to college, I'm sure someone will have downloaded the BluRay Rip (Internet Cops, it wasn't me) and I'll watch it over and over again.
I'm listening to Steven Wilson's top 50 albums, on a euphoric post PT high (click here for the list) and there's a lot of interesting stuff in there- and I'm particularly enjoying the brand of minimalist music- drone, doom etc. that he's recommended. Thanks SW.
I watched 3 Idiots a couple of days back, and enjoyed it. It's almost nothing like 5 point someone, but I liked it all the same. I could point out a million inconsistencies, but I am not a cynic, so all of you go and watch the movie (I'll be waiting for my cheque, Mr. Chopra).
And I am wrapped up in bed as I am every winter, watching Battlestar Galactica, Monty Python's Flying Circus, The Simpsons, and whatever is on TV. I'm also reading a lot- the low point being Dan Brown's new book, which was stereotypical conspiracy theory, with the worst anti-climax yet, and that includes the ending to Angels and Demons. I read a few Robin Cook books- average, and re-read Shantaram, enjoyable as always.
End of transmission.

2 comments:

Puneet said...

Avataar was awesome as expected, I hope this time ur seeing it on IMAX (gaziabad i think?) coz that's were all the money was spent, 'Dances with the wolves' made sure that the story part was already taken care of :)

Krishna Chandran said...

aah, how i wish i could've watched it in IMAX... it's playing only at the wadala IMAX in mumbai... watched it at PVR... they screwed up the sound a little, but it was awesome the second time around as well...