July 09, 2009

Heima, at last.

Music in my head: Porcupine Tree- Halo
Today's weather: Sweaty, and I'm loving it!

Home at last.

The journey lasted 24 hours, including all the waits in between different modes of transportation, starting with:
1. Bus from my hostel to train station.
2. TGV to Paris.
3. Air India to New Delhi.

The bus and the train were, in keeping with French custom, exactly on time, and thus I had 3 hours to kill at CDG. I watched ‘This is Spinal Tap’. Awesome.

Check in was messy. Only 8 kg of cabin baggage is allowed, which resulted in my smelly underwear being exposed to public eyes and noses on their way from one bag into the other.
Window-shopped at the duty free shops, thinking up much better ways I could have spent the money some dumasses were shelling out for bottles of perfume and, of course, wine.
And then, the flight. Some salient features of the trip, which can be extended to most Air India flights:
1. Fact 1: Half an hour late, of course.
2. Fact 2: Cabin crew comprising three male and four female attendants.
3. Fact 3: The male cabin attendants had less facial hair than the female cabin attendants.
4. Fact 4: One of the male cabin attendants had no cranial hair either and had visible arthritis.
5. Star attraction 1: balding old man with almost immobile joints demonstrating safety instructions. I finally smiled after a very long time.
6. Star attraction 2: lead cabin attendant who looked just like this old mallu actress, honest to God.
7. Annoyance 1: Old chinki attendant 1 woke me up by poking me at 2 am to serve dinner.
8. Annoyance 2: Old chinki attendant 2 woke me up by poking me at 5 30 am to serve breakfast.
9. Annoyance 3: Waited one hour for stairs to arrive so we can deplane. Waited twenty more minutes for bus to arrive.

But Air India, I forgive you, for I am finally home. And its all about food, isn't it? I have eaten the following since reaching home:
1. Four Parathas.
2. A lot of Palak Paneer.
3. Half a Tandoori Chicken.
4. Couple of Roomali Rotis.
5. A chicken kathi roll.
6. About half a kg of mum’s cake.
Everyone else at home is asleep now. I am three and a half hours behind them.





6 comments:

Shyam said...

Da! Is that Tipu? He's grown so big?!

Krishna Chandran said...

yep, it is, and yep, he has :)

/urgu said...

Angane veettil ethi.

Krishna Chandran said...

and angane thanne veettinnu thirikkunnu... leaving for trichy day after :(

blah said...

try kingfisher mate.




ps- think i know u... we r relatives if i have not got u wrong.. im from tvm.

Krishna Chandran said...

@dsk
aah! kingfisher... sadly they don't operate between delhi and paris...

i'm from tvm too, and i think i have figured out who you are too (with some help from my mum :))... blunt question: what's your name?:)