July 01, 2009

Renaissance

Music in my head: King Crimson - Fallen Angel
Today's weather: Hot! As it has been for the past few days.

Went through Barrons from A to P,
And the Foundation Trilogy
In a week, cut off from humanity
Toeing the line of insanity.

Thousands of pages had I read,
Including Pamuk's 'My Name is Red'.
And most of what Mr. Barron said
In printouts strewn all over my bed.

Until a learned friend next door
Told me I need fret no more;
A computer sale since day before-
They're selling computers and chargers galore.

So I ran out to said hallowed place,
With hope writ large upon my face,
And there at the end of the maze
Was my ticket back to time and space.

I reached out to grab it with both my hands,
The Universal Charger for multiple brands.
I was so happy that I could dance,
But no time for that, I had other plans.

I came back and plugged it in.
Yes! My comp's alive and kickin'.
What a horrid week it's been.
Finally, I'm awake, I'm livin'.

5 comments:

Shyam said...

how is it that u can write a poem out of every thing... be it an object or an incident! :)

Krishna Chandran said...

thank you, i guess :)... and i don't know why i do it... i guess i like rhyming words :)

Alaka said...

i like!!!
and incidentally, i bought a copy of my name is red just last week.. :D

Krishna Chandran said...

good... its really nice... and i see with my all seeing eyes that you are in thrissur... happy mallu-watching... :)

Beautiful Mind said...

nice one!!!
so vigorous gre sessions i see :P