June 10, 2009

Hello World

Music in my head: Sigur Ros- Avalon
Today's weather: Overcast, I'm damn tired of this incessant drizzle.

Bonjour swapping with total strangers
Is really not my style;
But when I see them walk by me
I have to stop and smile.

Old man waiting for a bus,
A lady with her son;
Hot girl trying to cross the road,
A couple having fun.

You have to stop and say hello
To every one of them;
'Cause if you don't, then my dear friend
You have a big problem.

You show them that you really are
A stinking social retard;
They look at you and think you had
A childhood that was scarred.

But you alone know the truth
You alone can say;
That engineering in Tamil Nadu
Is what made you this way.

A world without greeting strangers,
That would be sublime;
But I can't think of any other word
To make this sentence rhyme.

2 comments:

Beautiful Mind said...

The poem has not ended yet,
Cause Poori has lines to add;
When they say, Danke, you say, Bitte
And the problem is solved.

:D :D

Krishna Chandran said...

danke schon... and i have four more poems i wrote when i was terribly bored... i will post one each day :)