June 19, 2009

Hope

Music in my head: Anathema- Hope
Today's weather: A little sun, a little rain.

"I was not put here by anyone in fear.
I came alone as me,
Just an idea in a long chain of discovery,
Surrounded by the same you.

Sometimes your tide pulls me out to sea,
And I die in a thrashing curse.
Sometimes we are kind.
More often, I doze,
So far up the beach that those who try to reach are burnt alive in the searing
Heat of the desert of my dispassion.
So far removed, I never hear the water,
'Cept once or twice a month when I see a mirror.

And I refuse to believe in some of the things that are said to be here,
Let alone those that are not.
I'm trying to change my direction.
Ours is pathetic in my own humble estimation.

I love the planet,
The great benign she-wolf.
Benefactor.
Spinning gently on towards the red giant four aeons hence,
When all the rose gardens are consumed in the flash-fire of flying time
She'll leave alone to you."

- Anathema, Hope.

No comments: